Dear Providence Country Day Parents,
Sunday greetings to all in PCD nation. Please see below for this week's information:
(1). Hats off to the cast and crew of The PCD Players, one and all, for this weekend's outstanding spring musical performance. Full houses on both nights were treated to entertaining shows, made all the more enjoyable by the amount of fun students were clearly having on stage. Much appreciation to all adults who supported our performers, and huge thanks to Lindsay Sosan, who coordinated this multi-grade, multi-age production with great skill and success.
(2). Thanks in advance to all parents and friends of the school who will participate in our Play for PCD event at the Aquidneck Club in Portsmouth tomorrow. Special thanks go to Doug Allen, Melissa Dick, and all staff who will support this full-day event to benefit our school.
(3). A reminder to attend this Thursday evening's Middle School Arts Night, where you'll see a terrific display of Middlers' visual and performing arts talent. The program will take place in Corkery Auditorium. The gallery of student art opens at 6:30 p.m. and musical and choral performances begin at 7:00 p.m.
(4). PCD's sixth graders participated in the annual Shakespeare in the City performance of The Tempest last Monday evening. Many thanks to Ms. Schattman for coordinating this experience for our student actors!
(5). From the Parent Council: The annual Parent Appreciation Breakfast will be held this Tuesday at 8:00 a.m. It is our opportunity to thank the many parents who have volunteered throughout the year by planning events, serving on the Parent Association Board, acting as class coordinators or simply donating time, money or products when the call goes out! The agenda is attached. To let us know you're coming, please RSVP at this link.
(6). The spring Coffee House, a revue of student talent, will happen on the evening of Thursday, May 30. Upper School students who are interested in performing on this evening - always a highlight of our arts calendar - are encouraged to speak with Mrs. Ouhrabka. The program will begin at 7:00 p.m. in Corkery Auditorium.
(7). Also from the Parent Council: This year, the PCD Parent Association invites you to a fun, easy way to save money and get the books your child needs for the coming year...A PCD BOOK SWAP! Please see the attached document for more information about this opportunity to exchange textbooks with other families in our community.
(8). Please see the attached information - including pre-registration instructions - for the upcoming When We Talk drug and alcohol education evening, hosted by PCD School Counselor Jason Roderick on Tuesday, May 28.
(9). Information for seniors:
- Senior Project presentation parent previews will happen on Thursday, May 30, beginning at 3:15 p.m. in Lund. All senior parents are invited to attend and see what the class has accomplished over the course of their off-campus projects.
- Seniors' Commencement Scripts and Senior Fact Sheets are due this week! Please bring the completed forms to the main office in Murray House.
- Families planning on attending the Senior Dinner on June 11 are asked to return the dinner reservation card as soon as possible.
(10). This week's athletics schedule is shared below. In other athletics news:
- Congratulations to Boys Tennis and our Varsity Lacrosse Teams on securing berths in the upcoming RIIL playoffs.
- Hats off to sophomore Shane McDonough on his excellent individual lacrosse honor!
(11). A reminder that other key end-of-the-year events occur on the following dates:
- Thursday, May 30 Field Day / Sr. Project Presentation Parent Preview, 3:15 p.m.
- Friday, May 31 Senior Project Presentations / Food Truck Lunches
- Monday - Thursday, June 3 - 6 Middle School End-of-Year Intensive
- Friday, June 7 Full School Awards Assembly, 8:30 a.m. * Commencement rehearsal follows; all students grades 6-11 attend.
- Monday, June 10 Middle School Stepping Up Day, 10:00 a.m. / Senior - Faculty cookout 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 11 Senior Dinner at Ledgemont Country Club, 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 12 Commencement, 10:30 a.m. *All students grades 6-11 attend.