Dear Providence Country Day Parents,
Sunday greetings on this last full day of summer.
See below for this week's announcements. We will follow an E rotation of classes tomorrow.
(1). Many thanks to all who attended this past Thursday's Upper School Parents Night program. It was a great evening! A reminder that we will hold Middle School Parents Night this Thursday, September 26. The program will begin at 7:00 p.m. in Corkery Auditorium.
(2). Thanks also to all parents who attended morning coffees over the past two weeks, and to Mr. Folan and our staff for facilitating helpful conversations.
(3). Please join the PCD Parents Association for its first meeting of the year on Tuesday, September 24 at 8:15 a.m. in Chace. Come learn about upcoming events and volunteer opportunities at PCD, and meet fellow parents! See the attachment below for the morning's agenda.
(4). We will be conducting a test of our emergency notification system tomorrow, Monday, September 23. Please see the attached information sheet for important details.
(5). An early heads up that fall conferences with advisors will be scheduled over three days, October 16-18. Some details for you to know:
- Classes will meet on these days, with an 8:40 a.m. start time.
- Conferences will begin at 7:30 a.m., on twenty-minute intervals.
- The Upper School will once again use the online sign-up process, which will go "live" on October 1, via a link from the home page of our website. Please follow the directions to book your appointment.
- Mrs. Kelly will schedule Middle School conferences and will notify families by regular mail.
- Please contact advisors directly if you need to meet at another time.
(6). Intrepid traveler Ms. Garcia-Mata is planning trips abroad again this year. There will be a 9th grade trip to Quebec during the first weekend of February, and possible trips during March break or June depending on interest. For the March and June trips, all are invited including family. If you have any interest please email SG-M or feel free to call her at school 438-5170, ext. 173.
(7). Chowder Day, Saturday, October 19: Calling all volunteers!
- Chowder Day 2019 will be held on October 19 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. This is one of our most highly anticipated events of the year. We hope you will join us as our community comes together to cheer on the PCD Knights in athletic contests throughout the day, enjoy chowder and clam cakes, and catch up with old friends and new.
- We are looking for volunteers to assist with set-up, food service, clean-up and more. Your volunteer support will make Chowder Day a success!
- For sign up information, please visit SignUp.com or contact Melissa Dick. Thank you! Go Knights!
(8). Bookstore information from the Parents Association:
The Bookstore is looking for volunteers! If you have time on Wednesday mornings the Bookstore's satellite shop will be open in Chace Dining Hall from 8:30 -10:30 a.m. every Wednesday morning. Please sign up using this link. If you have any questions contact Bethany Sutton.
(9). See the attached information about a PCD-sponsored flu vaccination clinic on the afternoon of October 11 from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. The clinic will be open to all PCD students and their families. All adults and children, ages 3 and older, are welcome to attend the clinic and get vaccinated at no out-of-pocket cost. You may pre-register by returning the attached form or by accessing the online registration when it opens next month. Please contact School Nurse Lisa-Mae Costa for more information. Attached is a consent form, which you can return to her ahead of time to speed up your registration.
(10). This week's athletics schedule is attached below. Here are some other reminders from Mr. Harper:
- Our Middle School cross country team will run in the Ocean State Invitational at Goddard State Park this Friday, September 27. Here's a link with information about the event.
- Fall team picture day is scheduled for Tuesday, October 3rd. Athletes are reminded to bring their uniforms to school that day so for team photos.
With autumn just around the corner, here's some music from our friend Aaron Copland that evokes New England in the fall.
Please have an excellent week. Take care and see you soon,
Upper School Community Time, Week of September 23
Monday E Tutorials; 9th Grade in Library; Senior Superlative Photos
Tuesday F Advisory; Community Standards Meeting, 10 a.m.
Wednesday G Snack; Student Council Meeting; Pride Alliance
Thursday A Club Meetings—TBA; Boys CT Senior Group
Friday B International student mtg.; Mock Trial interest mtg., 10 a.m.
Emergency Notification System
PA Meetting Agenda
SLV Flu Consent Form
StayIn The Game