Applying to PCD
PCD seeks to enroll students from diverse backgrounds who have shown consistently strong academic achievement, as well as responsible citizenship, intellectual curiosity, and the desire to be respectful and actively engaged members of their school community.
There are several components of the application, which help our office assess compatibility between the prospective student and the school. The process for each candidate at every grade level is personal, thorough, and self-reflective.
A COMPLETED APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING:
- An application form, including a $60 non-refundable application fee ($135 for international student applications). Please click the red "Apply Now" button above to begin your application. You may request a fee reduction here.
- Official transcript from current school (current and previous years), including standardized testing
- Teacher Recommendations: one from the current English teacher and one from the current Mathematics teacher
- Interview with a member of PCD's Admissions Office team
- Neuro-psychological or psycho-educational testing results, if applicable
*Please note: for students applying to PCD for the 2022-2023 school year, we will not require an entrance exam.
Please visit the International Students page for specific application instructions and information.
In addition to the application requirements listed above, admissions decisions are based on, but not limited to, the following:
- Commitment to extracurricular activities
- Citizenship or community service involvement
- Writing samples and/or artistic submissions
- Supplemental recommendations (coaches, group leaders, employers, etc.)
It is important to keep in mind that all prospective middle and high school students are evaluated relative to the pool of students applying at each grade level. PCD's Office of Admissions is committed to maintaining open and clear lines of communication with prospective students and their families to help make the search for an independent school a smooth and positive experience.
The Providence Country Day School does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, or sexual orientation in administration of its educational programs, activities, and employment practices in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.