Applying for Financial Aid
The steps below explain how to apply for Financial Aid at Providence Country Day School. If you have questions or would like guidance through this process, please email Melanie Parsons or call 401-438-5170 x105.
PCD partners with School and Student Services (SSS) in determining a family’s financial aid. To begin your application, you will need to complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). New applicants should submit their initial PFS and 2018 W2s and 1040 tax forms (all schedules) by December 31, 2019. Returning families must submit their PFS and tax documents by December 1, 2019. Both new and returning families should submit 2019 tax documents as they become available.
COMPLETING THE PFS ONLINE
- Starting on October 2, go to https://solutionsbysss.com/parents Click the green “Apply Now” button to enter PFS Online.
- If you are applying for financial aid for the first time, you must create a PFS Online account with your email address and a password.
- If you applied for financial aid to any school through SSS last year, login as a Returning Family using the email address and password you set up last year.
- Begin a PFS for the 2020–21 academic year. You may want to download the PFS Online Workbook and refer to on-screen help for guidance. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time and return later to complete it.
- Be sure to include our school code, 5926.
- After you have pressed "Submit," you will be brought to a payment screen. The $51 fee is nonrefundable and is paid directly to SSS.
- You only need to complete one PFS, even if you have multiple children applying for financial aid.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- 2018 federal 1040 tax form with all filed schedules, attachments, and W2 wage statement(s)
- 2019 federal 1040 tax form with all filed schedules, attachments, and W2 wage statement(s)
Recognizing that your 2019 tax documents will not be available by the December 31 deadline, the Admissions Office will make a preliminary determination based on your 2018 tax information received by the application deadline. Any offer of financial assistance will not be finalized until we receive your 2019 tax information.
SUBMITTING ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS
- All required forms must be submitted directly to SSS.
- Approximately 24 hours after you pay for and submit your PFS, you will have access on PFS Online to the “Manage Documents” section of SSS. You should upload additional documents here.
- Make sure to remove password protection from your tax documents before uploading to SSS.
- It will take a couple of days for SSS to make uploaded documents available to PCD.
Notification of THE financial aid DECISION
- We will communicate our financial aid decision to you directly. To make our decision, we use the information from the PFS as a starting point. We also consider our school policies and practices, as well as the budget we have available.
WANT TO SUBMIT INFORMATION IN PAPER FORM?
First class mail: School and Student Services, PO Box 449, Randolph, MA 20368-0499
Overnight mail: School and Student Services, Application Processing Center, 15 Dan Road, Suite 102, Canton, MA 02021
If you are separated or divorced, both parents are required to complete and file a PFS form.