A legendary partnership built on two historic foundations.
The new, independent Henry Barnard School (HBS) and Providence Country Day School will join together to offer an extraordinary opportunity for education in Rhode Island. The passionate and dedicated efforts of HBS parents and alumni to save the beloved school, facing closure at the end of this school year, have come to fruition. HBS will continue its 122-year legacy of exceptional early and elementary education through a historic partnership with the Providence Country Day School (PCD), an independent school in East Providence, R.I. with its own 98-year legacy educating students in middle and high school.
For many years, both schools have offered cohesive, high quality, personalized, hands-on instruction, providing a solid foundation for students’ success. This approach to education combined with a commitment to small class sizes and building diversity at all levels made the two schools a natural fit. The 2021-2022 school year will begin the journey as united schools offering a continuous PK-12 educational experience.
We are proud to partner with PCD to continue in this shared vision of educating young learners for years to come. Thank you to Head of School, Kevin Folan, and the PCD Board for their vision and recognition of the valuable impact Henry Barnard School has made on young learners for decades.
Scott Bromberg, president of the HBS Parents Association
- What is the reason for this partnership?
- Are the missions and philosophies of both PCD and HBS aligned?
- What is the timeline for this partnership?
- What are the logistical changes for both schools? Where will the students be?
- What are the organizational changes?
- What are the financial considerations?
- Why is the Henry Barnard School retaining its name?
- What about pending applications and acceptances?
- Is this the same school I love? How will this impact school traditions?
Have a question that you would like answered in this FAQ? Let us know here.
Kyle takes the helm at a pivotal moment for Henry Barnard as it begins a new partnership with PCD to create a PreK through grade 12 school. Read more about Kyle and the full announcement at here.
Read the full press release from the March 9th partnership announcement here.
Henry Barnard School in partnership with Providence Country Day is not affiliated with Rhode Island College.