A hands-on summer experience for children ages 10–14, taught by professional chefs.
Each day focuses on a different food course (soups, salads and appetizers, entrees, and sides and desserts), with emphasis on nutrition, history, food science, flavor profiling and layering, and presentation.
Campers spend the morning cooking; they eat their meals at mid-day, and then head out to a different field trip site to visit local farms and professional kitchens Monday through Wednesday.
Campers prepare a feast for family and friends on the Friday of each session. Teams enable campers to experience a wider range of dishes and techniques.
Summer 2019 Dates
- Session I: June 24-28, 2019
- Session II: July 1-5, 2019 (No camp on July 4)
- Session III: July 8-12, 2019
- Session IV: July 15-19, 2019
- Session V: July 22-26, 2019
Culinary Camp Details
- Ages 10–14
- 9:00 AM–3:00 PM
- Extended care available, 8:00–9:00 AM and 3:00–5:00 PM. $10/hour