Dear Providence Country Day Parents,
Memorial Day weekend greetings to all in the PCD community. This week's announcements follow below, as we head for the end of May.
We will return to classes on Tuesday, following tomorrow's holiday, on a Black Day schedule.
(1). Thanks from last week go to students and faculty for a fun virtual Field Day on Wednesday. Much appreciation to Coach Harper and Sue Pacheco for helping us preserve a great Providence Country Day tradition, and thanks to Greg Abel, Melissa Dick, and especially Justin King for their behind-the-scenes work to make all of last week's events a success.
(2). As expected, we learned last week that the 2020 Mock Trial State Championship has been cancelled due to Covid-19. As a result, our team has been named co-State Champions with LaSalle Academy, a great accomplishment for our team members. Congratulations! This is the fifth time in our school's history that PCD has earned a banner in this prestigious statewide competition.
(3). Here is information about important upcoming events:
- Thursday, May 28: Department Awards Assembly during Block 4 meeting time (12:15-1:00). All students (6th - 12th) should plan to attend, and parents are welcome. Please follow this link for this assembly.
- Tuesday, June 2: Senior Project Previews - Seniors will practice and preview their senior project presentations on the afternoon of June 2nd. More information and links will follow for senior parents who would like to attend.
- Wednesday, June 3: Senior Project Presentations - All students will participate in the senior project presentations where our seniors will share their learning experiences over these last few weeks. Seniors will be divided into Zoom "rooms" and faculty and students in 6th-11th grade will join specific rooms to hear from a selection of our seniors. Presentations start at 10:45 a.m. and should wrap up by 12:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 5: Save the date for our final full-school assembly where major Middle and Upper School awards will be given, and we will have our final send-off for the 2019-20 school year! Parents are also invited to attend. Stay tuned for a link to this program, which will begin at 10:00 a.m.
- Monday, June 8 and Wednesday, June 10: Stand by for information later this week about our Middle School Stepping Up Day (June 8) and Commencement (June 10) ceremonies. Each program will begin at 10:00 a.m.
Please have a great Memorial Day tomorrow. As always we are mindful and appreciative of the sacrifices made by PCD alumni, staff, and family members in the service of our country.
Take care for now,