Dear Providence Country Day Parents,
Sunday greetings to all in Knights Nation. This week's announcements follow below.
A reminder that we will follow a special schedule (attached) this Wednesday for Field Day, and that we will be closed on Friday for a faculty professional development day. We will also be closed next Monday, May 25 for the Memorial Day holiday.
Thanks to all in our community for your participation in a busy past week at school, especially to the following:
- Senior parents for a pair of outstanding meetings on Tuesday morning and Thursday evening, and to Mr. Folan, Mrs. Aitken, Mr. Roderick, and Mr. Ward for leading these programs.
- Mr. Harper for delivering an inspiring "Lemonade Stand" talk on Thursday, following earlier talks by Mrs. Hanover and Mrs. Parsons.
- All students for taking advantage of Wednesday's virtual Field Trip opportunity.
- The staff of The Roundtable for continuing to produce excellent and timely content.
- 9th, 10th, and 11th graders for their attention and engagement during Aaron Samuels's '07 alumni visit on Thursday afternoon.
- All who attended the Middle School's virtual Grandparents & Special Friends Day on Friday. It was wonderful to have so many people join us for such a special PCD tradition!
- Mr. Ward and AP students for navigating the vicissitudes of this past week's administration of AP exams.
Info for this week:
- Here is the link for Tuesday morning's 8:00 a.m. Parent Association meeting and the agenda is attached below. All are invited and we hope to see you there!
- Eighth-grade parents, please join Kevin Folan and Jen Caletri for a virtual Eighth Grade Parent Coffee on Wednesday, May 20 at 8:15 a.m. to discuss the details for Stepping Up Day. For those who cannot attend, the meeting will be recorded and available for all to watch. Please use this zoom link for the meeting.
- Field Day details are attached below, with information about materials required for these at-home Red and Black competitions. Many thanks to our outstanding Athletics Staff for reimagining Field Day for 2020. Once again, thanks in advance to students and faculty for their participation, as we maintain our commitment to preserving school traditions in this extraordinary time.
- We will hold another virtual town meeting this Thursday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. Stay tuned for the link. Thanks to all who have participated in these meetings and our surveys over the past several weeks.
Among the many ways in which we have sustained our commitment to traditions and events over the past two months is our virtual hosting of this weekend's AISNE High School Students of Color Conference. Thanks to our attendees, and to students David Sylvia, Pilar Beerman-Rodriguez, Aryana Sadr, Adam Mamdani, Naya Habr, Tyler Gomes, Mauricio Gallego, and Jordan Quiles, and faculty/staff Antonio Rocha, Michaela O'Donnell, Sheila Harris, and Lindsay Soson for facilitating and sponsoring workshops over the past two days. Most of all: a giant hats off and salute to senior Sonya Crucey for her commitment to making this event a reality and a success!
Take care and please have a great week!
Field Day Information
Field Day Schedule
Parent Association Agenda