Dear Providence Country Day Parents,
Hello to all in our community on this bright Sunday when everything around us seems much greener than even a few days ago. We hope everyone in the PCD family is safe, healthy, and doing well!
Here are this week's announcements:
(1). A reminder that classes will not meet tomorrow. We will return to school with a Red Day schedule on Tuesday.
(2). Our revised calendar for the balance of the year is attached below. Please make note of the following dates.
- We invite everyone to our first virtual PCD Trivia Night, hosted by parent Scott Cordischi this Thursday evening at 7:00 p.m. Be on the lookout for log-in information in the coming days.
- Middle School Families: Grandparents & Special Friends Day is coming up on Friday, May 15 at 12:15. Please send contact information to Nancy Kelly. She has emailed invitations to the contacts she currently has.
- We will hold a virtual Field Day on Wednesday, May 20. Please stay tuned for information from Mr. Harper and Ms. Pacheco about this great school tradition, which we will hold in virtual form this year!
(3). Mrs. Hutchinson shares the following about 2020-2021 Leadership Opportunities:
- Community Standards Committee. All students are welcome to apply. Current junior members of the group who would like to be considered for the position of Lead next year will need to complete a new application.
- Peer Advisors. All rising juniors and seniors are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Students can email Mrs. Hutchinson for applications for both groups. Applications will be accepted for the next two weeks.
Best of luck to our Seniors on their upcoming project experiences. As with everything in their final months as students at our school this culminating experience has been altered by circumstances beyond their control. We admire the way in which they have taken in stride this and everything else that has occurred since mid-March. In doing so they have served as an example to our community. Many thanks and much appreciation to this group of students, whose genuine affection for each other and their school came through so strongly during Friday's heartfelt final class meeting.
Take care for now,