Transportation to PCD
BUSING PROVIDED BY LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICTS
Students at Providence Country Day come from over 45 communities in Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts and Connecticut. Students who live in Rhode Island may qualify for public school transportation to PCD.
To use the statewide transportation submit your request for transportation through the statewide website.
[Students from East Providence and Lincoln: Download the appropriate forms from links at right and return as instructed.]
The website is now open to take transportation requests for the fall. Parents must register for transportation directly through the statewide website. If you have problems with the website or do not have access to a computer, call the statewide office at 401-304-9136.
Closings and delays
KEY DATES AND INFORMATION
- The deadline for transportation requests is July 31st. Transportation request forms submitted after August 1st will receive the closest point of pick up or a depot stop location for a temporary bus stop. Students will receive their permanent bus stop information after September 23.
- Statewide Transportation accepts open enrollment and new transportation requests throughout the school year. The July 31 deadline is only enforced if you require service on the first day of school.
- Parents who are new to the statewide system will receive a letter with information about the system before the start of school.
- In order to keep ride times within reasonable limits, bus stops that are used infrequently (less than once a week) will be deactivated, and students will be assigned to the nearest active bus stop.
- The historic transportation regions are still in place, which means that transportation will only be provided within regional boundaries.
For questions and additional information contact the statewide system manager’s office.
- Phone: 401-304-9136
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students from East Providence and Lincoln: Download the appropriate forms at right and return as instructed.
BUSING PROVIDED BY PCD
PCD offers a pick up and drop off service at two locations.
- Intersection of Route 138 and Boston Neck Road (Heffie's)
- Dave's Market in East Greenwich (1000 Division Street)
PCD offers a pick up and drop off service at Shaw's on Route 6 (15 State Road).
One of the advantages of a small school is its tightly knit community. Families organize carpools from many Rhode Island locations, as well as from nearby Connecticut and Massachusetts. Upon acceptance, please contact the Admissions Office to learn more about PCD families in your area.