Providence Country Day School is seeking a full-time (academic year) nurse who will be responsible for healthcare management for students in grades six through twelve, including education, prevention, and treatment. They will promote the safety and well-being of students by providing healthcare assistance to the school community and health education for middle school and high school students during the school day.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Rhode Island
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Experience working with adolescents in an office, urgent care, emergency room or school setting
- Knowledge of children’s intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development
- Interest in teaching middle school Health courses.
- Highly motivated with outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal skills; strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates sensitivity, good judgment, and confidentiality in working with students and parents
- Open to collaboration with faculty and school administrators regarding issues of student health and well-being
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies patient care and eligibility requirements for students and student athletes
- Documents patient care and maintains student health records in accordance with the Rhode Island Department of Education
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies
- Medication administration
- Assessment and prescribed treatment of illness and injury
- First aid, triage and emergency response
- Provide direct nursing care to ill or injured students during the school day
- Maintain health office in clean, orderly and safe condition with special attention to confidential information, inventory management, and safe disposal procedures
- Track student illness, notifying appropriate parties of communicable diseases and providing health updates to the community
- Serve as the liaison to parents for effectively communicating health concerns regarding their children
- Write incident reports as necessary and inform administration of serious injuries or illnesses
- Arranging flu and other vaccination clinics
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Mark McLaughlin, Associate Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to fill out this employment inquiry form below to be considered for future opportunities.